Frequently Asked Questions
In order to qualify for a cash loan in Singapore, all the following criteria must be fulfilled:
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of Singapore (NRIC), or for foreigners, have a passport and employment pass.
- Be above 21 years of age, and is not an undischarged bankrupt, nor facing any bankruptcy proceeding.
- Be permanently employed, have a valid work permit (for foreigners) or if you are self-employed, have clear records of your cash flow to prove ability to repay the loan amount.
- Proof of Income (CPF Statement, Income Tax, Computerized Payslips, Employment Letter, etc.)
- Proof of Residency (SP Services Bill, Telephone Bill, etc.)
Where can I check my credit ratings?
Where can I get more information on borrowing from moneylenders?
- Ministry of Law, Registry of Moneylenders
- Guide to Borrowing from Moneylenders
- Credit Association of Singapore
Where can I find Licensed Moneylenders?